Sunday, October 12, 2008

a You.

i'll bleed for you, i'll die for you.
now i just need to find a you.
a someone to understand me
and to never reprimand me.
a you sounds nice to have,
and a you i know i've found.
but why then am i looking for
a better you than you?
maybe i just need to be a better me
and then i'll see the true you without pride
and my hypocrisy keeping me away from you.
i look forward to a day when i'm okay
and i obey the rules in front of me. i pray
a you will come my way for me to have and
we will stay committed. and we will never forget
that He did what the both of us could never do.
i'd love a you so very dearly, but i'll wait 'til i 
don't fear me. i will wait for strength to rise
and skies to open up and shed some light on 
where i'm going, who i am, what's important, where i stand.
enoughs been done and too much said. but i've never bled
for you, never been strong, never gone the extra mile for you,
never told you face to face that i was wrong.
there is a you that i do love; a you that's beautiful and brave. 
i think we've just tried too hard to change each other. 
and forgotten the freedom we have because of grace.
i want a you. i love a you. i want to be here for a you.

1 comment:

Stacy Aloha said...

Shoot me in the face :) ha