Wednesday, January 20, 2010

What I Am.

I'm a thinker who feels that thinking is sometimes overrated; and one who always has to rethink what I'm feeling about my thoughts. I'm a dreamer who knows that the best dreams often come when I'm wide awake. I'm a lover who hates the broken cycle of love, yet cannot deny the reality of love—it's a mess, and we're bound to fall for it, get caught up in it, be broken by and taught by it, and in the end... restored by it. I'm a follower who leads quietly, unaware that I, myself, am being followed. I'm a listener who speaks only when silence seems to be the worst option; I only wish my mouth could more easily open in harmony with my heart. I'm an artist who can't help but capture, sing, dance, and write what's within my soul; though, it's more about processing life than performing live. In the end, I'm just a girl, a human being, a someone who is inhaling and exhaling every day thus far for reasons I'm not always sure of, yet am always thankful for.

No comments: